Freelance (Contractor) / Remote
Landish is making it easy and enjoyable for the most conscious consumers to integrate the world's smartest ingredients into their daily wellness routine. We’re focused on alternative proteins (from plant, insect, by-product, and animal-free cultured sources), medicinal mushrooms and other functional botanicals, reducing food waste, and giving back to the environment. We’ve planted over 30,000 trees in North America so far with an objective of surpassing 1 million within the next 5 years. We’re a fast-growing company based in Montreal, Canada, looking for a Social Media Graphic Designer with solid design capabilities and understanding of brand aesthetics to help bring Landish to life visually in both English and French.
The Social Media Graphic Designer will be focused on developing creative communications that drive brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty. Working under the direction of the Marketing team, this role will design on-brand graphics to be used for social media campaigns, email campaigns, advertising campaigns and website assets. This role will also be mandated at times with merchandising the ecommerce website and blog with imagery and active promotions. An exceptional candidate also has the capabilities of illustrating product label and print-ready packaging files. Ability to produce a high volume of assets efficiently, while reacting to trends and helping to continually evolve and elevate the brand's aesthetics are key.
Primary Purpose: ideate, develop and execute primarily digital creative
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in design to...
- Create digital content for Landsh’s desktop and mobile websites (English Canada, French Canada and US) and social media accounts; translate creative into a digital environment that ensures a cohesive brand image across all platforms and regions
- Ensure all creatives for Landish’s social media accounts and blog are visually on-brand
- Support Marketing team with design and execution of all advertising needs
- Assist with the execution of in-house product shoots
- Assist with post-production selects, retouching/editing notes and all else involved to bring brand photo creative to life
- Create and illustrate product label, as well as assemble print-ready packaging files
- Maintain deadlines and organize all campaigns and assets
The accomplished individual will possess...
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience (an absolute must)
- Proficient in: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- A distinctive taste level with expert design, colour and typography skills
- Strong understanding of responsive design
- Ability to take direction from Marketing team and provide multiple solutions
- Ability to interpret and follow design guidelines, creative briefs, and feedback
- Ability to recognize opportunities for more creative thinking within a project
- Ability to prioritize with tight deadlines and follow through with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to think outside the box and have an awareness of digital trends
- Team player skills with positive “can-do” attitude
- A willingness to follow and create standard process and practice strong file organization
An outstanding professional will have...
- Native and/or excellent proficiency in English
- Native and/or proficiency in French is a plus
- BFA / BA in Design, Digital Design, Fine Art or related field preferred
- Knowledge of e-commerce and experience working with CPG photography
- 2+ years experience in a related field preferred
- Experience working for a retail/wellness brand or ad agency is a plus
- Experience with web-based project management tools such as Google Workspace, Trello, etc.
- Drawing/Illustration/Collage skills a plus
- Photographic and videography skills are a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects is a plus
* Please only apply to this position if you have a portfolio.
- Hourly-rate based on experience
- Around 20 hours per week (variable)
- Bi-weekly invoice submission
Working with Landish
Landish maintains a professional, fun, energetic, and remote-first working environment in which mutual respect, collaboration, clear communication, trust, and transparency are paramount.
Remote work comes with great advantages but also the need for self-motivation and discipline to maintain productivity, a style of work that is second nature to the Landish team.
We also consider health and wellness to be an important personal responsibility at all times.
We expect and thrive off of all team members being self-starters, taking initiative, stepping outside of their roles when required, always striving to see the “big picture”, asking questions and carrying out appropriate research and due diligence when needed, implementing the company’s strategic vision in daily activities and generally maintaining a positive, go-getter attitude!
Our Competencies for all team members
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
How to Apply
Please send your CV/resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Instead of a cover letter, consider including a short paragraph about yourself and why you’re interested in the position directly in the body of your email.
Thanks so much for your interest!